Friday, March 25, 2011

Physical Activity Forum: Bringing worlds together


I am pumped for May 10th and 12th (bear with me, I am about to do a little bit of promotion).

Every year my organization holds a Physical Activity Forum in Edmonton and Calgary. This year the topic is on motivating physical activity.

I am very excited for this event. We have a great speaker coming (Dr. Phil Wilson), who is lively and engaging... and more importantly, very knowledgeable about human motivation and behaviour change. His main goal is to help us understand between fact and fiction when it comes to motivation and physical activity.

I am also excited about the panel discussion we will have after Dr. Wilson’s presentation. The panel consists of local practitioners. They will have the opportunity to respond to Dr. Wilson’s presentations with their own experiences and insights.

The idea is to have them share with us: What works? What doesn’t work? And how might they apply what Dr. Wilson presents.

The really exciting part of this event is bringing the world of research and the world of the practitioner together for half a day.

I encourage you to check out our website for information about the event. And… if interested, to register.

2 comments: