Monday, December 19, 2011

Video fun

It could be considered common knowledge that physical activity is very important to maintaining and improving our health.

As practitioners we know this, and most of the public has a pretty good idea they should.

That being said, it's nice to be reminded of the heath benefits. It reminds me why I care about my work and why I choose this field in the first place.

I first saw this on Facebook and then of course it got passed along via blogs and emails. So I am just continuing the love. Oh, don't worry, the video fun does not stop here.








I appreciate videos. They are (usually) more entertaining then reading a document or paper. They can be a great way to share information and inspire folks, and with the help of technology they can reach a lot of people.

Now the next video is a bit longer... its from TED.

This one discusses the concept of public health. Though the speaker's references are NOT about physical activity, I think her point is important to the physical activity field. "People do stupid things" (i.e. not be active), "for perfectly rational reasons."

We may know the benefits and all the reasons why we should be more active, yet most of us are not active enough. Why? To help answer this question we need to look beyond the individual and understand how society and policies shape behaviour.

Enjoy!!









No comments:

Post a Comment